Saturday, December 17, 2011

Last night my friends in London were all updating me about the snow and how deliriously happy they were. Only to text back 15mins later saying the rain killed it all and they were all left with slushy snow/rain. Strangely, last night, I dreamt that I was playing in puddles of slushy snow on a field of unnaturally green looking green. I had on the most glorious pair of wellies and the air was humid and thick with rain. It was weird, but I remember being happy, so happy. Then I woke up, hungry. I reckon the number one reason I was ecstatic in my dream because the air was warm. Goddammit, when will it stop being cold in London. It's definitely something I can never get used to. Contrary to what everyone told me, my skin unfortunately doesn't agree with freezing temperatures and dry air. It's simple logic, if it's cold, the air is dry, and if it gets too cold, you have to switch on the central heating, which dries out your skin even more. Sometimes I wonder if I'll wake up looking like a prune.

The best and most useful item in my massive stash of skincare that I brought along is undoubtedly the ettusais lip essence. When I came back, Sherry from ettusais gave me an early Christmas present:



ettusais lip essence with Little Twin Stars!!! (read previous 2 posts), imagine my excitement. It's nice and heartwarming to come back and know that you are not forgotten. (:

I am now in search for an extra moisturising day and night cream and face masks. All the skincare I currently have is only perfect for Singapore's weather. They are rubbish for London's cold. Recommend me hydrating goodies, please? I'm almost desperate!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

is the lip essence available at the counters?

maybe you can try hada labo essence, it works for me! ^_^

christine y said...

i just saw it last week at the counters!
oh yah, i did try that before, it's not bad. good value for money. thanks for the suggestion! x

Blog has moved, searching new blog...