My friend is doing his comm degree in Rmit Melbourne. Comparing the modules the Rmit friend and the friend in Uni of Melb which is a G8 uni, theirs are like more research and theory based. Some of them kinda regret this decision, it depends if you go for the branding and recognition. I think mass comms shouldn't be learnt that way. I'm not in either of the unis, but have friends in a few of the unis. Unsw is known for their business and engineering degrees though.
Is your gpa very high? And you have to accept the offer soon right?
I understand what you mean, I dunno about your friends but UNSW changed their syllabus to the one at UTS 2 years ago (2009). Their comms is sorta revamped.
I wouldnt consider RMIT and Murdoch cus you can get their degrees at SIM and SMA respectively.
The only reason im choosing an aus uni is because my aunt stays in sydney, and between USYD and UNSW, i'll pick UNSW cus its a 3 year prog. it it wasnt for that, i'd go to UK without a doubt.
My GPA is alright, not a problem for me to enter any aus uni of my choice. yes, i have about more than 2 weeks before accepting.
Oh then why you choose to do your degree overseas? Because you want a different certificate from others? UK is so expensive, like going all the way there just for a generic degree like comms, unlike dentistry or specialized sciences. You are willing to spend this huge sum of money?
I see, if it's a good change then yeah go for it. Because in the first place, even UTS isn't well-known for their comms as well. So far, only like QUT, RMIT and Murdoch are well-known for their comm degrees.
Then have you considered ANU? Since it's the best uni, I think your gpa is around 3.5-ish? How about local unis?
Yea consider carefully even though you don't have to spend on accomodation. No part-time degrees for you?
UK isnt that expensive now with the low exchange rate. Living abroad and the the opportunities are different from sg. The counselors i spoke to at IDP told me that UTS is one of the popular and well known unis for comms in aus, I believe they are updated quite regularly regarding these matters. Nah, not considering part-time.
So you would still choose to do your degree even if your aunt isn't living in Sydney? Are your parents willing to pay this sum of money? I'm envious of you, I don't have this chance to do so ;)
Yeah let you weigh the pros and cons, another factor is like having a LDR with your boyfriend as well. Definitely not easy at all.
im paying for it myself. you can always take up a loan, it's whether you want to or not. you need to see yourself 5 years down the road, is it what you want. for me, i am willing to.
True indeed, but your parents will be the one paying for you first right? I did consider but its around 150k including expenses and accommodation. Its like triple the times than getting a degree in sg. On a side note, is your bf supportive of your decision?
I always wanted the overseas experience, but just thinking of the costs. Nah, sometimes its just mind over heart.
11 comments:
You are still confirm going? Unsw isn't well-known for comms at all even though it's a g8 uni. I would recc you to go either RMIT or Murdoch honestly.
are you a student in either of the mentioned unis? why do you say that?
My friend is doing his comm degree in Rmit Melbourne.
Comparing the modules the Rmit friend and the friend in Uni of Melb which is a G8 uni, theirs are like
more research and theory based. Some
of them kinda regret this decision, it depends if you go for the branding and recognition. I think mass comms shouldn't be learnt that way. I'm not in either of the unis, but have friends in a few of the unis. Unsw is known for
their business and engineering degrees though.
Is your gpa very high? And you have to accept the offer soon right?
I understand what you mean, I dunno about your friends but UNSW changed their syllabus to the one at UTS 2 years ago (2009). Their comms is sorta revamped.
I wouldnt consider RMIT and Murdoch cus you can get their degrees at SIM and SMA respectively.
The only reason im choosing an aus uni is because my aunt stays in sydney, and between USYD and UNSW, i'll pick UNSW cus its a 3 year prog. it it wasnt for that, i'd go to UK without a doubt.
My GPA is alright, not a problem for me to enter any aus uni of my choice. yes, i have about more than 2 weeks before accepting.
Oh then why you choose to do your degree overseas? Because you want a different certificate from others?
UK is so expensive, like going all the way there just for a generic degree like comms, unlike dentistry or specialized sciences. You are willing to spend this huge sum of money?
I see, if it's a good change then yeah go for it. Because in the first place, even UTS isn't well-known for their comms as well. So far, only like QUT, RMIT and Murdoch are well-known for their comm degrees.
Then have you considered ANU? Since it's the best uni, I think your gpa is around 3.5-ish? How about local unis?
Yea consider carefully even though you don't have to spend on accomodation. No part-time degrees for you?
UK isnt that expensive now with the low exchange rate. Living abroad and the the opportunities are different from sg. The counselors i spoke to at IDP told me that UTS is one of the popular and well known unis for comms in aus, I believe they are updated quite regularly regarding these matters. Nah, not considering part-time.
So you would still choose to do your degree even if your aunt isn't living in Sydney? Are your parents willing to pay this sum of money? I'm envious of you, I don't have this chance to do so ;)
Yeah let you weigh the pros and cons, another factor is like having a LDR with your boyfriend as well. Definitely not easy at all.
im paying for it myself. you can always take up a loan, it's whether you want to or not. you need to see yourself 5 years down the road, is it what you want. for me, i am willing to.
True indeed, but your parents will be the one paying for you first right? I did consider but its around 150k including expenses and accommodation. Its like triple the times than getting a degree in sg. On a side note, is your bf supportive of your decision?
I always wanted the overseas experience, but just thinking of the costs. Nah, sometimes its just mind over heart.
only the sch fees first, expenses etc by me. yes he is. someone who loves you will never stop you from achieving your dreams.
all the best! :)
Post a Comment