Friday, October 28, 2011

It's exactly 10 on the clock. Thursday night, cold and wet outside. I've got Bell X1's Bloodless Coup on replay. Track 11, 'Amsterdam Says' fills the room, my room. The room with a brick wall, an odd angle and the boiler inconveniently placed. The plastic blinds are weak substitutes for the frosted windows that filter the soft amber corridor lights into my room back at home. The positioning of this new bed forces me to sleep on my right, to face those cheap blinds as I watch the street lamps illuminate the night. I can never fall asleep that way, I only and always sleep on my left. And so I watch the street lights till my body craves for rest. I turn around, close my eyes, picture those frosted windows I know and allow myself to dream of home.

No comments:

Blog has moved, searching new blog...